Knowledge is power in the project pursuit/proposal world and easy access to this information is critical. Winning proposals focus on the issues and concerns that the client either currently faces or expects to encounter with this new project.
The more we know about the client’s needs and goals, the better equipped we are to tailor our proposal to them and their specific project. But how do we obtain all this knowledge? We ask.
What are the questions to ask and where’s the best place to store all this information?
Questions fall into a few categories, including: about the client, about the project, about the selection process and about the competition. Here are a few of our favorite questions:
About the Client <Store in Cosential within the Company Record>
- Who are the key decision makers?
- Is the company growing, shrinking?
- Who do we know in the organization? Who’s the decision maker? Who’s our inside coach?
- Have we worked with them before? How was that project received?
- What are their expectations?
- What’s their focus: quality, price, other?
- What are their current issues/concerns that we can address?
About the Project <Store in Cosential within the Opportunity Record>
- What’s the history of the project?
- What are the goals for the project?
- Has the site been selected?
- Are there environmental concerns?
- What’s the budget? Are the funds secured?
- What’s the project schedule?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What worries them about the project?
- Has the client worked with other consultants in the planning of this project? If so, who?
- What is the delivery method?
About the Selection Process <Store in Cosential within the Opportunity Description>
- Has the RFP been written?
- What are the criteria?
- How will criteria be weighed?
- Who is on the selection committee? Do we know them?
- Will there be an interview?
About the Competition <Store in Cosential within the Competition Area of the Opportunity>
- Who are they?
- What are their strengths/weaknesses?
- Have they worked with the client before?
- Have we worked with the competition?
- What are their projects known for?
Within Cosential, put your “Best Questions” document in the Knowledge module for everyone to access or create an integrated Go/No-Go form to be accessed from the Opportunity record.
Your completed Go/No-Go would automatically attach to the record or you could upload your completed questionnaire. Storing all this project and client data within Cosential will help when it’s time to strategize and prepare your targeted submittal.
Go win work!
Interested in learning more about how Cosential can help your firm stay on top of your personnel records? We would love to show you, request a demonstration today.
Feel free to also reach out to our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-505-7089 ext. 1 with any questions you may have.
Here are some other articles that you may be interested in: